MKMMA 2016 Week 24 – Healing
Healing is "the children's bread," according to Jesus. You must remember that when He said that, the Old (more accurately, the newest of the Old) Testament was still in effect. (Yes, I know, it is in the section of the Bible called "The New Testament," but you need to understand this:
8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:- Romans 15:8 King James Version (KJV)
15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.- Hebrews 9:15-17 King James Version (KJV)
So, technically, the New Testament begins at the cross.). So, now we have a different deal.
Healing is Available Now
In part 24, Haanel makes this interesting observation in section 6: "your real work consists in convincing yourself of the truth of these statements." The above is intended as an aid to your believing. Here is Haanel in context (emphasis added):
5. When you come to know that every form of disease, sickness, lack and limitation are simply the result of wrong thinking, you will have come to know "the Truth which shall make you free." You will see how mountains may be removed. If these mountains consist only of doubt, fear, distrust or other forms of discouragement, they are none the less real, and they need not only to be removed but to be "cast into the sea." 6. Your real work consists in convincing yourself of the truth of these statements. When you have succeeded in doing this you will have no difficulty in thinking the truth, and as has been shown, the truth contains a vital principle and will manifest itself. 7. Those who heal diseases by mental methods have come to know this truth, they demonstrate it in their lives and the lives of others daily. They know that life, health and abundance are Omnipresent, filling all space, and they know that those who allow disease or lack of any kind to manifest, have as yet not come into an understanding of this great law.
Major Important Point
9. The method for removing this error is to go into the Silence and know the Truth; as all mind is one mind, you can do this for yourself or anyone else. If you have learned to form mental images of the conditions desired, this will be the easiest and quickest way to secure results; if not, results can be accomplished by argument, by the process of convincing yourself absolutely of the truth of your statement.
This is where I came short in previous years. I knew the words. I repeated the words. I hoped they were true. I was not convinced. Are you there? Am I there now? Most of the time. Doubts still sneak in, but far less frequently. Like Paul, I can say
13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. -Philippians 3:12-14King James Version (KJV)
Some people believe that sickness and disease are punishments for sin. They have difficulty believing you can avoid sickness or heal your own body (actually, the body heals itself, as was pointed out previously) because of the judgment of God.
Here is what I absolutely believe:
- I am one with the Source of all good.
- That means I am in Union with Omnipotence, Omniscience, and Love.
- Therefore, the Universal Spirit, the Infinite Source of all good is with me.
- Healing is my birthright. Healing is the natural order of life.
- I can say this because Jesus "[blotted] out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross" - Colossians 2:14 King James Version (KJV) See other versions here.
- My words and thoughts are creative at all times.
- My words place a demand on my subconscious to carry out those thoughts.
- When negative thoughts enter my mind, I can counter them with positive words spoken with conviction and strong emotion.
- I am whole, perfect, strong, powerful, loving, harmonious and happy and healed in my body and my mind.
t's important to me that the teachings of Haanel line up with my chosen religious text. It solidifies my belief. It might not be important to you. That's OK. Just accept the teachings as they come and do as Haanel suggests:
10. Remember, and this is one of the most difficult as well as most wonderful statements to grasp.... remember that no matter what the difficulty is, no matter where it is, no matter who is affected, you have no patient but yourself; you have nothing to do but to convince yourself of the truth which you desire to see manifested.
Healing yourself or healing others is the same process, according to Haanel: Imagine the possibilities for service.
If you like what you read, please share and leave a comment. Feel free to disagree and leave a comment.