MKMMA 2016 Week 20 – Unity
Lesson twenty for me focused on the unity of all things and the recognition of power.
Unity - the definition...
Here's how dictionary.com defines unity: 1. the state of being one; oneness.2. a whole or totality as combining all its parts into one.3. the state or fact of being united or combined into one, as of the parts of a whole; unification.4. absence of diversity; unvaried or uniform character.5. oneness of mind, feeling, etc., as among a number of persons; concord, harmony, or agreement.6. Mathematics. the number one; a quantity regarded as one. identity (def 9).7. (in literature and art) a relation of all the parts or elements of a work constituting a harmonious whole and producing a single general effect.
Maslow's hierarchy of needs leads into the purpose of our unity. Abraham Maslow divided needs into five layers. Even my four-legged babies exhibit the first four. Esteem and self-actualization seem to be unique to us two-legged people. The whole point of the Master Key System is achieving self-actualization.
Unity - The Bible View
10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake. 12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. (John 14:10-12)
19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. 20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you. 21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. (John 14:19-21)
Almost every meaning of unity from the dictionary is included in these statements. Jesus said that He was in the Father, but the Father was in Him. He is in the disciple and the disciple is in Him. That is the picture of unity and is why Haanel makes the statement that we can truly say "I and the Father are one."
What About the Lessons?
From Part 20, we learn that we have the capacity to align ourselves with the Universal Mind and thus tap into omnipotence. At first glance it is tempting to think that we have found a way to force the Universal to do our bidding. Haanel is quick to point out throughout the Master Keys that such thinking is dangerous in the extreme.
Part Two Intro
Our difficulties are largely due to confused ideas and ignorance of our true interests. The great task is to discover the laws of nature to which we are to adjust ourselves. Clear thinking and moral insight are, therefore, of incalculable value. All processes, even those of thought, rest on solid foundations.
6. The trained mind knows that every transaction must benefit every person who is in any way connected with the transaction, and any attempt to profit by the weakness, ignorance or necessity of another will inevitably operate to his disadvantage.
7. To know the Truth is to be in harmony with the Infinite and Omnipotent power. To know the truth is, therefore, to connect yourself with a power which is irresistible and which will sweep away every kind of discord, inharmony, doubt or error of any kind, because the "Truth is mighty and will prevail."
8. But as the plant reaches down into the mineral world and touches it with the mystery of Life, so the Universal Mind reaches down into the human mind and endows it with new, strange, wonderful and even marvelous qualities. All men or women who have ever accomplished anything in the world of industry, commerce or art have accomplished because of this process.
14. In taking advantage of the wonderful possibilities opened up to us through the operation of this law, we must remember that we ourselves contribute nothing to its efficacy as the Great Teacher said: "It is not I that doeth the works, but the Father that dwelleth in me, He doeth the work". We must take exactly the same position; we can do nothing to assist in the manifestation, we simply comply with the law, and the All-originating Mind will bring about the result.
6. The secret of power is a perfect understanding of the principles, forces, methods and combinations of Mind, and a perfect understanding of our relationship to the Universal Mind. It is well to remember that this principle is unchangeable; if this were not so, it would not be reliable; all principles are changeless.
9. But perception will come only in the Silence; this seems to be the condition required for all great purposes. You are a visualizing entity. Imagination is your workshop. It is here that your ideal is to be visualized.
29. This is the danger from what is called Will Power. There are those who seem to think that by force of will they can coerce this law; that they can sow seed of one kind and by "Will Power" make it bear fruit of another, but the fundamental principle of creative power is in the Universal, and therefore the idea of forcing a compliance with our wishes by the power of the individual will is an inverted conception which may appear to succeed for a while but is eventually doomed to failure - because it antagonizes the very power which it is seeking to use.
30. It is the individual attempting to coerce the Universal, the finite in conflict with the Infinite. Our permanent well-being will be best conserved by a conscious cooperation with the continuous forward movement of the Great Whole.
Here it is in a nutshell: The Universal Spirit (God, if you will) drops the thoughts into you (your spirit by which you are connected) and you adjust your mechanism to be in harmony with that thought. As you attach feelings and emotions ("thought plus emotion is power"), you build the reality in your world within. Eventually you believe it so much that you begin to speak it and you "decree a thing and it shall be done." It starts with your connection in the Silence (the Sit). When I saw this, I was blown away. Some may have seen it sooner, but it is only recent with me. If you would like to know more, contact me.