MKE 2018 Week 22 – Seeds
In Lesson 22, Mr. Haanel tells us that thoughts are spiritual seeds.
In Part Twenty-two you will find that thoughts are spiritual seeds, which, when planted in the subconscious mind, have a tendency to sprout and grow, but unfortunately the fruit is frequently not to our liking.
Linking Thoughts about Seeds
This is not unlike something the Carpenter from Bethlehem said.
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
30 And he said, Whereunto shall we liken the kingdom of God? or with what comparison shall we compare it? 31 It is like a grain of mustard seed, which, when it is sown in the earth, is less than all the seeds that be in the earth: 32 But when it is sown, it groweth up, and becometh greater than all herbs, and shooteth out great branches; so that the fowls of the air may lodge under the shadow of it.
And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you.
Follow this closely: you plant seeds. Jesus said that if you use your faith as a seed you will say something to a tree or a mountain and it would obey you. Thoughts are seeds and words are simply thoughts expressed. So what you say is your seed. Even tiny seeds can become huge harvests. God said that "While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease." Notice that harvest follows seed time. Again, Haanel says,
Seedtime and Harvest
1. Knowledge is of priceless value, because by applying knowledge we can make our future what we wish it to be. When we realize that our present character, our present environment, our present ability, our present physical condition are all the result of past methods of thinking, we shall begin to have some conception of the value of knowledge. 2. If the state of our health is not all that could be desired, let us examine our method of thinking; let us remember that every thought produces an impression on the mind; every impression is a seed which will sink into the subconscious and form a tendency; the tendency will be to attract other similar thoughts and before we know it we shall have a crop which must be harvested.
We have come to understand that we live the life we choose. Think for another moment about seedtime and harvest.
- You plant a seed of some kind
- It germinates and grows
- The harvest is always what you planted
- The harvest comes after you plant
- The harvest is more than you planted
Celebrate Your Future
This is great news because if our present condition is the result of past thoughts and words, our future condition will be the result of current thoughts and words.
4. If there is any physical condition which it is necessary to change, the law governing visualization will be found effective. Make a mental image of physical perfection, hold it in the mind until it is absorbed by the consciousness. Many have eliminated chronic ailments in a few weeks by this method, and thousands have overcome and destroyed all manner of ordinary physical disturbances by this method in a few days, sometimes in a few minutes.
So the method is to think what you want fervently with emotion and say what you want with enthusiasm.
If that seems "too good to be true" consider Who it was that said you could talk to the mountain. Are you ready to call Him a liar, or would you like to repent (think again) and "call those things that be not as though they were?"
Remember to like, share and subscribe.