2019 MKE – Week 15
Words, Love and Creation
This week we are reading about the "highest form of architecture and a passport to success" - putting your thoughts into accurate words. Thoughts fused with love are all-powerful according to Haanel.
1. The laws under which we live are designed solely for our advantage. These laws are immutable and we cannot escape from their operation. 2. All the great eternal forces act in solemn silence, but it is in our power to place ourselves in harmony with them and thus express a life of comparative peace and happiness. ... 10. In order to possess vitality thought must be impregnated with love. Love is a product of the emotions. It is therefore essential that the emotions be controlled and guided by the intellect and reason. 11. It is love which imparts vitality to thought and thus enables it to germinate. The law of attraction, or the law of love, for they are one and the same, will bring to it the necessary material for its growth and maturity. 12. The first form which thought will find is language, or words; this determines the importance of words; they are the first manifestation of thought -- the vessels in which thought is carried. They take hold of the ether and by setting it in motion reproduce the thought to others in the form of sound. ... 17. It is with words that we must express our thoughts, and if we are to make use of higher forms of truth, we may use only such material as has been carefully and intelligently selected with this purpose in view. ... 20. We know that the Universal Thought has for its goal the creation of form, and we know that the individual thought is likewise forever attempting to express itself in form, and we know that the word is a thought form, and a sentence is a combination of thought forms, therefore, if we wish our ideal to be beautiful or strong, we must see that the words out of which this temple will eventually be created are exact, that they are put together carefully, because accuracy in building words and sentences is the highest form of architecture in civilization and is a passport to success. (emphasis added)
From the Bible
Comparing this with the Bible teaching about words hows that Haanel is absolutely right. Here are just some samples:
- Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. (Proverbs 18:21)
- But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. (Matthew 12:36)
- For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned. (Matthew 12:37)
- And God said...and it was so (10 times in Genesis 1)
- (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were. (Romans 4:17)
- For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. (Mark 11:23)
Putting it All Together
What strikes me about the passage from Romans is the opening parenthetical remark: "I have made thee a father of many nations." At the time Abraham and Sarah were childless. That was indeed calling something that was not (yet) as though it were. Notice that the words called forth something that was not. It does not say "calling those things that are as though they are not."
Now we see why the emphasis of putting the DMP in the present tense and only talking about what you want.
Notice the last bullet.
- Say to the mountain (now)
- Do not doubt
- Believe that what you say will come to pass (then)
- You have what you say (some time later)
Than connects to another teaching on prayer that we have already seen in the next verse:
Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.(Mark 11:24)
- Believe as you are praying
- Believe you receive what you are praying for (now)
- You shall have them (later)
Leave a comment about how this strikes you. Do you see the connections? Have I missed something?
Remember to like, share and subscribe.