2018 MKE Week 20 – Inspiration
Inspiration is an interesting word.
Notice the circular references in the dictionary definition. Must see the definition of inspire to understand.
- an inspiring or animating action or influence:
- I cannot write poetry without inspiration.
- something inspired, as an idea.
- a result of inspired activity.
- a thing or person that inspires.
- a divine influence directly and immediately exerted upon the mind or soul.
- the divine quality of the writings or words of a person so influenced.
- the drawing of air into the lungs; inhalation.
verb (used with object), in·spired, in·spir·ing.
- to fill with an animating, quickening, or exalting influence:
- His courage inspired his followers.
- to produce or arouse (a feeling, thought, etc.):
- to inspire confidence in others.
- to fill or affect with a specified feeling, thought, etc.:
- to inspire a person with distrust.
- to influence or impel:
- Competition inspired her to greater efforts.
- to animate, as an influence, feeling, thought, or the like, does:
- They were inspired by a belief in a better future.
- to communicate or suggest by a divine or supernatural influence:
- writings inspired by God.
- to guide or control by divine influence.
- to prompt or instigate (utterances, acts, etc.) by influence, without avowal of responsibility.
- to give rise to, bring about, cause, etc.:
- a philosophy that inspired a revolution.
- to take (air, gases, etc.) into the lungs in breathing; inhale.
- Archaic .
- to infuse (breath, life, etc.) by breathing (usually followed by into ).
- to breathe into or upon.
verb (used without object), in·spired, in·spir·ing.
- to give inspiration.
- to inhale.
This week we are inspired to realize that we live and move and have our being in the Universal Mind. As we breathe we fill our lungs and life with energy and power from the Omnipotent, Omnipresent Master Architect. As such, we are whole, perfect, strong, powerful, loving, harmonious and happy. We concentrate on our power and realize that the world within creates the world without.