2018 MKE Week 14
Concentrate on Harmony
That is the instruction for this week's exercise. So, what is harmony? According to the dictionary:
- agreement; accord; harmonious relations.
- a consistent, orderly, or pleasing arrangement of parts; congruity.
- Music .
- any simultaneous combination of tones.
- the simultaneous combination of tones, especially when blended into chords pleasing to the ear; chordal structure, as distinguished from melody and rhythm.
- the science of the structure, relations, and practical combination of chords.
So we are looking specifically for the first two definitions.
We can agree that the Universe is bigger than we are. From Alcoholics Anonymous to Christianity to Islam to Judaism to Zoroastrianism, the precept of a Higher Power persists.
The Twelve Steps
- We admitted we were powerless over alcohol—that our lives had become unmanageable.
- Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
The Bible (Christianity and Judaism)
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. 3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
Islam and Creation
The Qu'ran spreads the comments about creation throughout, but it is specific that Allah created everything. "Verily in the heavens and the earth are signs for those who believe. And in the creation of yourselves, and the fact that animals are scattered (through the earth), are signs for those of assured faith. And in the alternation of night and day, and that fact that Allah sends down sustenance from the sky, and revives therewith the earth after its death, and in the change of the winds, are signs for those who are wise" (45:3-5).
Zoroastrians believe in one God, called Ahura Mazda (meaning 'Wise Lord'). He is compassionate, just, and is the creator of the universe. Ahura Mazda is:
- Omniscient (knows everything)
- Omnipotent (all powerful)
- Omnipresent (is everywhere)
- Impossible for humans to conceive
- The Creator of life
- The Source of all goodness and happiness
The Master Key Experience
Mind is creative and the principle upon which this law is based is sound and legitimate and is inherent in the nature of things; but this creative power does not originate in the individual, but in the Universal, which is the source and fountain of all energy and substance, the individual is simply the channel for the distribution of this energy. The individual is the means by which the Universal produces the various combinations which result in the formation of phenomena.
Notice that the creative power comes from the Universal, or the Higher Power.
More on this next week.